Re: [MiNT] MiNT on Coldfire

>> Btw. FreeMiNT already catch keyboard input by hacking into TOS, just
>> to catch ctr-alt-del (I'm sure you aggree that this is a very good
>> idea) and for scan code mapping (keyboard language mapping).
>
> I have not looked about the ctr-alt-del handling but
> I noticed the keytbl-thing. But this is no hack at all.
> You use a well documented system call (Keytbl) to request
> the keyboard tables, which is just great.

No hack at all, I agree. MiNT hooks onto a BIOS vector. TOS BIOS jumps to
this vector, and provides scancode as an argument.

Nevertheless, some problems remain:

1) not all TOS versions provide this vector.
2) not all TOS versions provide AKP (Allan K. Pratt, if I remember
correctly, aka Alternate Keyboard Processing) keyboard handling code.

So ideally we must totally replace keyboard routines whenever
possible/necessary, so that MiNT would behave similarly on different
computers.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).