Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.16.1 beta release

On Sat, 24 Oct 2004 00:50:22 , Jonas M?ller Nielsen <jonas.moller.nielsen@euromail.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2004 17:51:04 , Peter Slegg <peterslegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> > > >
> > > Easy. Do you use the latest version of ExtenDos GOLD? If not, get it! If
> > > you are using the latest version of EstenDos Gold, go into Anodynes
> > > homepage and download UNIMINT.XFS. This is the driver you should use
> > > together with newer versons of MiNT. I also think, but I do not remember,
> > > that you should replace the EXTENDOS.PRG in the AUTO-foler, with another
> > > one that works with UNIMINT.XFS. If you have any problems, send a letter to
> > > Roger Burrows and he will tell you which versions to use, but everything
> > > should be available on Anodynes home page for registered users.
> >
> > I have been using Extendos for several years with Mint 1.15.12
> > but is doesn't seem to work with 1.16.1
> >
> > So I had all ready downloaded and installed Extendos 3.90 Beta this
> > is the the one that is giving the error message.
> >
> Yes, but are you using EXTENDOS.PRG in the AUTO-folder or are you using
> UNIMINT.XFS? You have to use UNIMINT.XFS to get it working properly. I do not
> think that you will get EXTENDOS.PRG working under 1.16.x.

I am actually using both.

When I try unimint.xfs on its own I get an error about extendos not
being active. So I assumed that I had to have extendos.prg in the auto
folder as well as the xfs in the mint system dir.

Obviously I am wrong here.

Regards,
Peter

FREE local-rate dial-up - no monthly fees!  Move over to Freeola for
FREE unlimited web space, e-mail & domain hosting www.freeola.com