Re: [MiNT] 1.16.1 and DMASOUND/XBIOS SOUND

Hi again all,

>While playing around with some stuff here tonight, I discovered that I can no longer
>play AVR-samples via XBIOS or DMA. I have support for both of these inside aICQ
>(this has been working in the past for sure, also in CT60 mode). Anyway, when trying
>this with the new 1.16.1. kernel I either here a sharp noise, or a complete silence.
>
>Just to make sure I did not mess things up, I tried with GEMJing, with very similiar results:
>
>When testing AVR-samples with GEMJing:
>
>Under Falcon TOS (with CT60 on) everything works as normal, but when I try under
>MiNT 1.16.1, I get a complete silence.
>
>I know for sure that things have been working perfectly fine under MiNT too, so I wonder
>if something has changed? Ideas, anyone?

Just wanted to add that since posting the above, I have tried "Background Player 2.25" by Vanel Remi.
This sample player appears to work correctly with AVR-files also under newer MiNT. And it seems like Janez Valant (Hi SWE!)
could reproduce the exactly same problem with GEMJing under newer kernels, and he also experienced that
using background player would work alright. At least someone is able to reproduce problems I am seeing for a change ;)

SWE also pointed out that it seems like the Falcon sound matrix is being messed up (reset?) when the XBIOS call issued,
so that the sound is not redirected correctly from DMA.. ...this is too weird stuff for me :/

Regards,

Joakim