Re: [MiNT] Fpoll() in GEM programs

Hello!

Well, this is rather phylosophical question: * Make the AES which has a SingleTOS design more UNIXish?
OR
* Provide UNIXish way to detect AES events (pipes) and call the good 'old' AES interface afterwards...

It's not as simple as you try to describe here. For example, there is one pipe for all AES processes? So how to decide for which AES process a new event arrived if several applications select the pipe? Or does every process have it's own pipe it can open? Then you need todo lot of magics to instanciate a new pipe for every process (not to speak about resource limits, collision detection if someone other open the pipe too and so on).

As I don't like extending event_multi() or creating a new AES API extension (of course you can consider the pipes an API too, but I see it being different) for this I would vote to implement the pipe solution into AES.

I don't saw a pipe solution yet. Only some very vague ideas how it might be can look.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060