Re: [MiNT] Fpoll() in GEM programs

Hello!

A good AES application should have only 1 waiting point,
which is its central evnt_multi.

My suggestion would be another event bit: MU_SELECT
and a direct response mode bit: MU_DIRECT_RESPONSE.
if the bit is set and there are no events, evnt_multi exits with
zero event. !!! Unless a timer event is set, in which case the app
is suspended until any event occurs (including of course timer).

With MU_SELECT you have a way of getting filehandle or socket events
the AES way.

I aggree with with you but I rather vote to introduce a new evnt_multi AES system call for that. Applications that are aware can use the new system call and there is no compatibility problem. Internally XaAES only need to wrap old evnt_multi to the new one. The new evnt_multi can also be designed a bit better in this case :-)

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060