Re: [MiNT] wind_xget()

Odd Skancke wrote:

Hi Olivier,

man, 13,.12.2004 kl. 20.06 +0100, skrev Olivier Landemarre:
Odd Skancke wrote:

Hello everybody and Arnaud,

Just discovered that wind_xget as MyAES and up to now XaAES
implements
it breaks applications NEWSwatch and POPwatch. Therefore XaAES will
have
this implementation removed, and WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH mode is implemented
instead. I do not know (nor do I think it possible) to avoid these
compatibility issues, as it seems trash from previous AES calls
reside
in intin[2-4] and control[N_INTIN] is set to 6.

I hope MyAES will follow XaAES here, since I dont think too many
apps
currently use this wind_xget as of yet. I have not yet decided which
numeric value to give to WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH, or if that will be the
name
of the mode at all ... opinions? What I HAVE done is removed the
MyAES'ish implementation ... breaks AES compatibility!!

Can you send me one of this software?

I found POPwatch and NEWwatch here;
http://www.flinny.demon.co.uk/download.html

If you hope to fix this compatibility issue, I would strongly suggest
that we agree on a new wind_get mode instead. I will for sure not follow
the current implementation.
I will look at this.

I think that mode 13 is free for use, between WF_NEXTXYWH(12) and
WF_NEWDESK(14). Anyone know if this mode is used for anything?

For me I never see program using it.

In MyAeS I have add an appl_getinfo() extension for know wich AES and version is avaible (I think better than search in
a cookie list!)
#define AES_NAME_AND_VERSION 96

case 96: /* AES_NAME_AND_VERSION */
pb->intout[1]='My'; /* 3 first value are a short name for the AES*/
           pb->intout[2]='Ae';
           pb->intout[3]='S\0';
pb->intout[4]=0x0067; /* last value is version with lower byte, the major version number and lower byte the minor number version all in hexadecimal */

I dislike add new fonction feature because most of time never use, this only because a lot of people ask me to know wich AES is use, and I didn't wan't add cookie.

Regards,
Odd Skancke
Regards
Olivier