[MiNT] Weird Disk problem

Hello

From time to time few first sectors of my HDD get zeroed, for no known reason.

This includes boot record, partition table and part of fat of first partition.

It happened for me at least 3 times during last 3 years. It happened on two (or maybe three or four - my memory is a bit fuzzy here) diffrent disks, so this does not seem to be a disk issue.

There are no symptoms, I cannot reproduce it. Falcy was working fine, i turn it off, after some time I turn it on again and tada: beggining of disk is gone to data-heavne (wherever that is).

Fortunetly I do not keep valuable information on my C partition, and I do backups of it often, so recovery is just a matter of minutes.

Aditionally: it happened both when my falcy was plain (no accelerator) and after I fitted CT60 (no busspeder yet).

If anybody does have any reasonable explanation of this, please rise your hand and step forward.

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski
atari@gabo.pl