Re: [MiNT] wind_xget()

Hello,

AB> BTW, we can keep this value for WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH (13).

I think no.

AB> Applications should first make sure that AES supports this value (by
AB> calling appl_getinfo)

The problem at this time (Jun 1995) was to find out is the mode
WF_OWNER present. This mode is available since AES 3.3, but

So, if such old application runs on a modern AES (with FIRSTAREAXYWH=13 implemented), and if wind_get(13) returns TRUE, then this old application may believe that WF_OWNER is not supported by this AES. That's not so disastrous.

BTW, this mode (13) should be only called by wind_xget(), and never by wind_get() because this mode (13) expects some data (a clipping area) in aes_intin[2..5] (that's the only difference between wind_get and wind_xget: some additional data are put in aes_intin[2..5]).

So i suggest that MyAES and XaAES return 0 if wind_get(13) is invoked with aes_control[1]!=6.

That way, i think that everybody will be happy.

I put hereafter a piece of code to refresh your mind about the subject we discuss here...

So you can do this to test if an wind_get/set mode is supported:

returnValueOfWindGetSetIsOK = wind_get( 0, 13, &ign, &ign, &ign, &ign)
== 0;

New wind_get/set returns 0 for an error, and true if everthing is all
right. Older AES version (before 3.31) returns always true.

int WindGetOwnerID( int windowID )
{
  int ownerID, i;

  if (!returnValueOfWindGetSetIsOK)
      return -1;
  if (wind_get( windowID, WF_OWNER, &ownerID, &i, &i, &i) == 0)
      return -1;
  return ownerID;
}

best regards,