[MiNT] Re[2]: XAAES slow?

Hi everyone!

>  I cant believe this. wind_calc() does NOT work on a given window
> goddamned it! It has not window context. wind_get/set() does! What the
> hell is the problem with you all? I'm about to give up this shit!

Plaese calm down :-)

Even though you are right. And here is why you are right:

The binding of wind_calc has no input parameter for w_handle. From
that we can see that it was never designed to work on a "per window"
basis.

So wind_calc CAN NOT give you any information about a given window.
Even though if it wanted to! It simply doesn't know which window we
are talking about!

(Imagine different themes for windows of the same app! Then wind_calc
would even be totally WRONG!)

So actually an app could do this:
Make all the wind_calc's for all possible windows, store those values
and be set.

Now what happens if we have a window manager that has themes? Well, in
that case there has to be another way of informing an app about a
theme change. And once the app received this info, it can do all the
wind_calcs again.

I hope I could clarify the situation a bit!

Cheers, Ingo =;->