Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

Hi!

Hmm, what about the following:

switch( evnt_messag() )
  case WM_SIZED:
give_me_work_rectangle() to optimize further redraws and setup all coordinates now rather than doing this in the WM_REDRAW where this doesn't belong to. * for one example let say I have a lot of elements that need to recompute on window size/position change and I need this to be handled before I do the redraw...

Would we need an extended API to do wind_calc() in the particular window context to accomodate theme changes?

Well I can always do:

mt_wind_set_grect( win, CURR, *(GRECT**)&buff[4] );
mt_wind_get_grect( win, WORK, &work );
update the work the coordinates of every element...

That would work in my case.

Can someone think of other situation that it might not work in?

So perhaps we should deprecate the WinDom's WindCalc() completely.... I will work on a solution of this with the WinDom guys in the mailing list when I get back.

Thanks again!

Standa