Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

Xavier,

I thought about this as well, but the question is whether you can safely tell the application (not counting new apps that can be adjusted) that the theme had changed and to recompute windows....

Well I can think of one way actually ;):

foreach wind (in the AES windlist):
    wind_get( CURR, &x, &y, &w, &h)
    wind_set( CURR, -w,-h,w+1,h+1) // to force to recompute everything
    wind_set( CURR, x,y,w,h)

Simple wind_set to the same rectangle might be detected by the application as NOP (although it is unlikely).

Standa

Xavier Joubert wrote:
Selon Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org>:

But this situation doesn't happen in WinDom. The wind_calc() is used
every time you do WinDom equivalent of wind_get( WORKXYWH ) so the theme
change will be accomodated appropriately.

My arguments are based on situations where theme changes does not
affect already created windows (which must be specifically supported by
each application). In this case wind_calc() will return wrong (current
theme) deltas instead of the (previouse theme) deltas that were
effective at the time the window was created. So yes, this situation
will arise as WinDom handles things now.

This is a bug in XaAES, then.

AES should always be able to compute right deltas for a given window. So you
should either change already opened windows theme or keep old theme in memory
to be able to handle "old" windows correctly.

Regards,

Xavier