Re: [MiNT] usage of wind_calc()

on 6/25/2005 4:37 PM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> I'm not at all an expert in (Xa)AES system calls, like the guys posting
> messages in this thread. Most of the technical stuff in this discussion I
> don't understand.
>
> But I want to add my opinion from a user's point of view.

Same here.  Having had a discussion with ozk about wind_calc() via ICQ I am
still confused why it should be avoided or why I should only call it once
and note the border sizes myself, and then invent my own window calc to do
what the OS already is suppose to do for me.

Themes or no themes, at the moment I call wind_calc() does xaaes know who
made the call?  Does it know app id xx whatever actually called it?  If not,
can it be made to know who did the call without altering the input
parameters?  Can it internally discover the caller??  If it can know this,
it can internally have context.  If you follow me.

There was a mention of winx, which allowed the handle to be passed in.
If the above method cannot work, how is this winx variant handled on
none-winx systems?  Is the extra handle passively ignored? If so, I'd rather
opt for this method, a lot less changes to my apps.

Bear in mind, again user here, not OS coder.  What I wrote my be completely
stupid.  ;o)

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/