Re: [MiNT] e-mail problems with Mint

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:54:52 -0500, Evan Langlois <Evan@CoolRunningConcepts.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 10:41 +0200, Thomas Binder wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 07:02:46PM -0400, evan@coolrunningconcepts.com wrote:
> > > My Summary:  packets don't seem to be leaving the machine
> > > sometime after it hits the DATA portion of sending mail, or its
> > > not recieving them.  And there is an odd issue during
> > > retransmits.
> >
> > Could that be a path-MTU-discovery problem?
>
> Nope - the problem happens well into the transaction.  The odd
> retransmit behavior is evidently a feature of mint - its odd, but after
> looking at the source, its documented thats it supposed to behave that
> way.   Originally I didn't look at the source, and just the data sumps,
> which is why I said "odd" restransmits and not "buggy".  It sure looked
> like a bug, but it was possible that it be intentional ... and it was.

Evan suggested that it could be the rtl nic driver but this is the
same with both kernal versions (I did also try the patched version).

Obviously the kernal has changed a great deal but 1.16 also uses INET4
instead of SOCKDEV. Could this be part of the problem ?

Are there any other tests I can try ?

Peter