Re: [MiNT] WCOWORK operating mode

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:42:31 , Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org> wrote:

> tor, 14,.07.2005 kl. 21.55 +0200, skrev Peter Slegg:
> > As a user I look for an AES to support the key applications that
> > I use regularly. When I briefly tested Xaaes I tested the stuff that
> > I currently use under Naes 1.2 Some worked, some didn't.
>
>  I would be very interested in knowing which apps didnt work. If they
> are possible to make work, I'll give it an attempt. The design of XaAES
> is quite different from other AES's, so making ALL things work will not
> be possible. Especially if the problem-apps do illegal things. Also keep
> in mind that some apps are N.AES only, and that N.AES gives pointers to
> its internal structures for such apps to use. These will never work on
> XaAES.

Ok, it was a few months ago and I didn't do a lot of testing but
from what I remember there were a few trivial display problems
in Texel.

1. the cell lines were not displayed, the horizontal ones I think
2. the mouse didn't switch to the spinning whirlygig thing that is
   also use by Papyrus.

There were also problems with some of the radio buttons but that
may have been an earlier version of Xaaes.

As an aside, when I refer to key apps I mean those apps which
are the only example of a decent working type of an application.

For me this means stuff like: Texel, Papyrus, MyMail, Newsie,
Highwire, Photoline, ScanX, AtarICQ, Aniplayer.

I know there are other alternatives but this is the GEM stuff that
I've acquired over the years.

Regards,

Peter

Regards,