Re: [MiNT] AES features as plugins.

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 17:21 +0200, olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr wrote:

> For zview plugin made with ldg, in fact you are not in userspace (totaly share
> with no memory protection), ldg manage memory protection, and only software
> using it have acces to it, it's manage with SHM. I know it because I write it!

Getting this information from a cookie just seems wrong to me - it seems
like something that should be in OS, and I think it should be possible
to do that without breaking existing software.  I have actually
downloaded the LDG code and started to look at it.

> So in fact ldg library if need and if coders have think about this of course,
> are more protect than the AES itself that can be access for all in supervisor
> mode! (perhaps not for XAAES I don't know).

Ldg more protected than the kernel code?  Something seems wrong with
that statement.

> MyAeS use for it work a lot of dynamical library (4 or 5), and next version
> should be highly extensive, with plugin, because it will be possible to patch
> AES itself by plugins! So wait for next version! (probably near october). This
> is condition to put most of MyAeS code in public domain, because I have to clean
> code and explain it, I have take 2 years to code and correct bug without really
> looking how it was code, now I should clean it!

sounds cool!