Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 16:12 +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Consider switching to a different Linux distro (Debian fan here :) I
> never compile anything...

Compiling I don't mind as much as the constant state of flux.  Everyone
wants me to change to their favorite distro, but I'm the one that
started getting into MiNT again by first building a new cross-compiler
and binutils, and then use it to compile the latest mintlibs, etc, etc.
I don't mind the compile - I prefer it as long as its something I
actually use.  Its the constant state of flux thats annoying.

Now to get back on topic.  If MiNT goes to the same sort of library
system that Linux has, the same sort of problems will occur.  You
upgrade 1 lib and 3 other libs break, so upgrade those and 10
applications break, etc.