Re: [MiNT] usage of wind_calc()

Quoting Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org>:

 This is a new operating mode! What do you mean AES messages are no
longer unifersal?

He means that the numbers within a message don't have a universal
interpretation.  Window coordinates may be passed from other applications,
which is why I suggested the AES translate instead of having the application
try to determine what mode a target window is using.

 Have you ever tried to snap a window containing text using the fonts
with/heigh? Have you ever looked at Qed source? Have you ever seen
Everest? You tell me how else to snap coordinates!

Against snapping windows shouldn't be in the application.  I imagine
since
the sizes of characters and their spacing differ.

1. reception of WM_MOVED/WM_SIZED message
2. apply the new position : wind_set(WF_CURRXYWH,data of the message)
3. get the new WORK area (WM_SIZED) : wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH)
4. update the slider stuff

 You are wrong.

Let me guess, recieve the message, send the coordinates directly to wind_set.
No need to get the work area, as you already have it from the message.

 wind_get(EF_WORKXYWH) will always return WORK area, agreed. But all AES
messages dealing with window coordinates should be trusted! The AES will
make sure that WM_SIZED, for example, contains WORK area coordinate even
if the sending app is not WCOWORK.

The whole idea of not trusting what the OS tells you seems silly to me.  I
definately think we can trust the information in a message - thats why its
there!