Re: [MiNT] usage of wind_calc()

on 7/4/2005 10:30 PM, evan@coolrunningconcepts.com wrote:

> Who cares about the toolbar?   When you merge the area to be redrawn with each
> rectangle of the rectangle list for the window, the toolbar shouldn't
> matter at
> all.  The toolbar isn't included in the rectangle list for the window is it?
>
> If so, I would think what you need is the size of the toolbar, and the
> sizes of
> the window widgets shouldn't matter.   What am I missing?

Well I recently tried to use a toolbar in N.Aes, which failed to work
and appears to be a nasty bug in N.Aes.  Yet the same code did run fine on
XaAes.  So my guess here is these libs do fake toolbars, instead of using
the real toolbar calls to get a consistent look and behavior across all
AES's.  Then the placement of the toolbar becomes more critical and is then
not handled by the system at all.

Just a guess mind you, never used windom.  Someone please correct me if I
have wrongly accused N.Aes of having a toolbar bug.  ;-))

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/