Re: [MiNT] WCOWORK operating mode

On 7/15/05, Henk Robbers <h.robbers@chello.nl> wrote:
> Odd Skancke wrote:

> >  And I have said, numerous times, it is the AES's responsibility to make
> > sure the app gets correct data. So, you are wrong.
> To me this remark proves that Odd knows very well what he is
> doing.
>
> Please let this guy do his work.
> He is trying things out on TW2 and Qed.

I'll second that. I can imagine that right now Ozk has got to spend more
time defending his implementations than code on XaAES...

> I trust his ability to come up with everything as good
> as one can wish.

That is exactly how I feel too. XaAES is very close to being a full
replacement for N.AES (for ppl like me it has been for sometime
already) and Odd is responsible for a lot of the stablity and
performance improvements that we have been seeing this past year. What
if he would not be interested in clean implemenations? What if he
wasn't interested in memory protection? What if he was not interested
in optimisations in code structure and speed? I think his work with
XaAES speaks for itself.

Again, I fully agree with Henk. I have complete trust in Ozk's
judgement when it comes to AES extended features. (And not to forget,
I am still grateful for the years you spent as the maintainer of XaAES
too, Henk. You're one of the reasons that we have a powerful AES at
hand under FreeMiNT CVS! MiNT Is Now TOS, for real!)

Regards,

/Joakim