Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

on 7/18/2005 6:36 PM, Evan Langlois wrote:

> Which method should the next kick-ass application be distributed?  An
> RPM with files all over the place, or as a .PRG and .RSC you can put
> whereever you want?

That is really an odd question and it show just how long you have been away
from the scene.  I cannot recall seeing any GEM applications distributed as
RPM's off the top my head.  I have installed plenty of RPM's under MiNT in
order to update gcc and other various unix related things, but never GEM
stuff.

If someone was to offer a GEM app as an RPM that would be a major oversight
to not offer it as a ZIP file as well.  It is common knowledge magic users
don't use RPM, and has been for some _years_ now.

It would appear, while you were away doing whatever it was you were doing
you missed the discussions for the roadmap to RPM.  It's now in use and
there is no real point in arguing it after the fact.  I doubt very much it
all gets yanked out.  ;-)

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/