Re: [MiNT] WCOWORK implementation : conclusions.

Quoting Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com>:

Another interesting approach would be to keep enough symbol table info
in statically linked apps to allow them to be relinked. That is, run a
linker command
	relink foo.app -lnewlib
which replaces all the symbols in foo.app that appear in newlib with the

Ya know, I was just thinking about that yesterday - relinking static libs using
symbol table information.  I wasn't aware that IBM was already doing it, but
its an interesting direction.

version from newlib. So you can keep your snappy static library load
times, but still take advantage of bugfixed libraries over the course of

Definately seems like a best of both worlds approach, except that you'd need
some sort of relink-everything script if you replace a known-buggy library with
a fixed one.