Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] lib/gemlib

Hello,

BTW, the WCOWORK stuff has it is now seems only half defined and the
actual implementation seems to be a hack to me. I would like to have some
more discussion and agrement from active supporter and developper before
implementing what we have now. Then, it will be easier to perform the
great move !

Ok, what do you propose?

I first want to understand clearly what's the target of WCOWORK feature, so that we can discuss about it... i'm a bit lost because WCOWORK comes with new function to convert FULL area to/from WORK area.

Then, when we'll get the real subject, i'd like to ear the opinion of other active developpers and users, in order to find a common solution for XaAES, MyAES, libraries, applications.. i mean all involved parts.

What features do you want?

Something visible for the user. If this requier a change in the AES API then the AES API should be redefined.

I don't want to spend hours implementing new features in applications and libraries if there's no benefit for the user (simplification of programming is not enought, because it's not simple when you have to check thousand of lines of code, and this will not be a simplification for developper which use libraries like windom because all is already done by windom, so no benefit at all for such developper).

What are your suggestions for improvements in a new AES? How would you
change the window API in an AES so that programming it would be
easier? Lets hear your proposals!

I use a great GEM library (windom) and that library makes programming very easier. If i found something that is boring to do in applications, or something that several applications do, then this piece of code goes into windom (or another library) and then the programming of the application is very easy. Windom is much more than just an emultor of new AES features for old AES... it's much much more. It has a lot of features that none AES has at the moment...

best regards,
Arnaud.