Re: [MiNT] wind_create() and its MAX parameter.

tor, 04,.08.2005 kl. 19.40 -0400, skrev Lonny Pursell:
> on 8/4/2005 3:47 PM, Odd Skancke wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I have question regarding parameter passed to wind_create(), the MAX
> > window extent. XaAES as found in the CVS now uses these max coordinates
> > (notably width/height) to restrict users from sizing windows beyond this
> > size. Now it turns out that many apps set this MAX size to a lesser
> > extent than will fill the desktop window (and therefore cannot fill the
> > desktop with this window) which confuses users. Teradesk is one of
> > those. It turns out then that other AES's dont use this 'max' for
> > anything. Or is its usage something else which I have not understood? I
> > would love some opinions on this matter.
>
> Here are my observations.  I have done some tinkering with this while making
> the vnc app.
>
> Firstly the aes docs do state that the xywh passed to wind_create can be
> used to bound a given window to a particular size.  Although does not
> elaborate on just what that means unless it simply means the values are kept
> and can be retrieved later with wind_get?  It seems logical that the AES
> could/might be able to limit sizing?  But that is a guess.  It potentially
> could off load some work to the AES, that is cool.
>
> However I can confirm this.  When you call wind_create the xywh really
> should be the exact size of the window at it's fullest extent.  It takes the
> xywh values and stores them.  Then if you request wind_get(WF_FULLXYWH) you
> get these values back.  Quick and easy way to respond to the full window
> gadget and not have to recompute the window size again.  This is what the
> vnc app does anyway.
>
> I'd also go as far as saying that TeraDesk is not quite following the
> guidelines since the docs plainly state wind_create should be the window at
> it's max size.  Then to size it bigger sort of goes against the info
> provided in my opinion.  ;-)

 Thats my opinion too. But once again we have a situation where most
other AES's dont follow the documentation. I think that if they did,
Teradesk would not be having this problem when the AES does like the
docs say.

 I will have to change XaAES to behave like n.aes in this respect then.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke