Re: [MiNT] obsolete aout binutils?

Philipp Donzé napisał(a):
Hi

Are you sure this is possible? The biggest problem of the MiNT port of the binutils was to remember all relocations and write the relocation information table that is needed by the Atari format (it's even not unix a.out).

No I'm not sure. I'm not that experienced with these Unix binary formats. Its hard to find a good explanation for these on the web. All I know comes from sources on the web. I.e. at http://www.mcvax.org/~koen/uClinux-cisco2500/exotica.html it's written that uClinux on coldfire processor uses relocation table in the flat binary. Also you can read at http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=elf about "relocation section". So I think ELF doesn't forget about this information. Perhaps there are numerous different ELF variants? (Linux, FreeBSD, Sun,...)

I've found this: http://www.x86.org/ftp/manuals/tools/elf.pdf

It has 'Relocation' in it. I'm begin to read.

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski
atari@gabo.pl