Re: [MiNT] Mint Bug?

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 11:38 +0200, Patrice Mandin wrote:
> Le Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:09:03 -0400
> Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com> a écrit:
>
> > So this is either a CT60 hardware problem since the same failure
> > occurs on a completely different CT60 falcon, a MiNT/Falcon/CT60 code
> > bug (something that aranym wouldn't be using), or I'm just nuts.
>
> I think there is a problem with CT60. For example in Doom, renaming it
> from .ttp to .prg makes it faster:
> http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.sys.atari.st/search?hl=fr&group=comp.sys.atari.st&q=doom+ttp+prg+rename
>
> I think that either the memory/the program is not allocated in FastRam
> (and you have the same problem, binutils could only allocates 12 MB from
> ST-RAM). Maybe the program flags are not taken into account when CT60 is
> present.

It seems to be related specifically to the libraries on my falcon.  When
keith compiled the same code, his CT60 falcon didn't give off this
behavior, and when he sent the binary to me, my falcon indeed worked
properly.  Maybe my flags program is broken or something?  It does seem
perhaps like ST-ram is being used because that's about how much ST-ram I
would have free.

Thanks,
Mark