Re: [MiNT] menu_popup() ideas

søn, 02,.10.2005 kl. 14.29 -0400, skrev Lonny Pursell:
> on 10/2/2005 11:16 AM, olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr wrote:

> >> The default is 16 (TOS release notes, 24 June 1993).
> >
> > So now I understand the first line of addendum I wrote for Odd.
> >
> > Now I think we know how work popup scroll.
>
> Well it depends.  The original post was in regards to the listbox option
> which is always 8 items tall.  The above mentioned Atari release notes also
> state this.  Do not confuse listboxes with popups.  It is 2 very different
> things provided by this one call.  The menu setting for height does not
> effect listboxes.  We have preformed many tests to verify this.
>
> After pouring over these docs, which are worded quite vague in some areas we
> find how it actually works.

 You did that Lonny, thank you very much! :)

> Also tests on magic are no good, as it lacks the listbox option entirely.
>
> Needless to say, now that the parameters are known, the proposed extension
> for menu_popup() to control the listbox height won't work.   ;-)

 Thats true, so we can forget this whole idea of mine :) I didnt know
about the difference between dropdown listboxes and scrollable menus
until a few days ago, after I wrote the proposal.

 But there is one thing I still would like to get clarified, and that is
the appl_getinfo(AES_MENU) output values. I mean, according to the
Compendium appl_getinfo(AES_MENU) returns a value of 1 in ap_gout3 if
listbox popups are available and 0 when those are not available. Now, is
ap_gout3 a flag, or is it a bitmask where just bit 0 that indicates the
availability of popup listboxes? If it is bit 0, then we can use the
remaining bits to indicate extentions? If applications check ap_gout3
using;

if (ap_gout3 == 1)
{
    do_scrolllist_popup_stuff()
}
else
{
    do_no_scrolllist_popup_available();
}

then we cannot modify ap_gout3, since it is a flag yielding only 0 or 1.

 Anyone know this?

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke