Re: [MiNT] menu_popup() ideas

on 10/2/2005 11:16 AM, olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr wrote:

> Selon Gerhard Stoll <Gerhard_Stoll@b.maus.de>:
>
>>> probably by default 8
>>
>> The default is 16 (TOS release notes, 24 June 1993).
>
> So now I understand the first line of addendum I wrote for Odd.
>
> Now I think we know how work popup scroll.

Well it depends.  The original post was in regards to the listbox option
which is always 8 items tall.  The above mentioned Atari release notes also
state this.  Do not confuse listboxes with popups.  It is 2 very different
things provided by this one call.  The menu setting for height does not
effect listboxes.  We have preformed many tests to verify this.

After pouring over these docs, which are worded quite vague in some areas we
find how it actually works.

Also tests on magic are no good, as it lacks the listbox option entirely.

Needless to say, now that the parameters are known, the proposed extension
for menu_popup() to control the listbox height won't work.   ;-)

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/