Re: [MiNT] some gem question

lør, 15,.10.2005 kl. 14.25 +0200, skrev Miro Kropacek:
> Hello,
>
> welcome to our questions & answers window again :)
>
> This time I've got serious problem with that dialogs - I use window
> dialogs (you know, CFLib) which use just MOVER, SMALLER, CLOSER and
> maybe some others. What is important - it doesn't use SIZER. And now we
> arrive to my problem - it's even possible to resize window without
> SIZER? Simple change of window height (and ROOT object in dialog)
> produces very strange results ("unlimited" height of window)... I tested
> it in Magic, too and the same thing. Ofcourse, there's a possibility to
> delete and create window everytime there's some window size change but
> this solution I find really bad.

 Exactly how do you try to resize the window? Which AES are you testing
with? I dont see no reason for this to be a problem.

> Don't get me wrong - it's no problem to add this SIZER to the window.
> I'm looking for the solution how to make "custom" sizer (i.e. as
> icon)... it's even possible?

 Dont look for such solutions, please. If you need sizer, please use the
AES sizer and concentrate on the functions your app should do. While it
should be possible to resize like this, you will miss out on live window
actions, which you will get if you use what the OS provides. There is
only drawbacks related to implementing own sizer widget...

I'm in the process of implementing decent keyboard navigation to XaAES
(similar to what is found on other GUI's like KDE, Windows...), but I'm
disappointed discovering how few apps this is gonna work with because of
the "I'll do this here myself, I dont give a shit about the OS"
mentality. For this keyboard navigation only apps that use form_button
(), form_keyboard() in their form handler function will work.

> Thanks (as always) for any hint.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke