Re: [MiNT] problem with long filename

Any ideas what to do? I can't believe FreeMiNT allowed me to create such long name and then can handle shorter ones only.

no one? I've tried Dpathconf() to see what's the current filename limit - it returned 255 for both ext2 and fat32! (the filesystems where I created that undeletable files). I've got such feeling somewhere in mint(lib) sources is defined maximum value of 128 for some buffer(s) and then really bad things happen if the file if >= 128 characters long - some check will say "yeah, no problem, let's create it" and some other function will use only 128 bytes long buffer... but this is just a guess... maybe someone more experienced could explain this...

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060          http://mikro.atari.org