[MiNT] Observations, MiNT 1.16.1

1. Have heard that this version number and the inability to send large e-mail were related. I watched a FTP session halt, and at least the screen halted, for no apparent reason, so I rebooted and used 1.15.12 to get files downloaded. Of course, shutdown did not run.

2. Unless this is configurable, 1.16.1 is not useful to me for making CDs. With a TT with a multitasking AES running, and 1.15.12, if the wind in Borneo is just right, or some other thing like that, I can do 1x, if I have a disk that will do that.

Otherwise, I disabled the .CNF file, and booted to a TOS desktop with the MiNT kernel running. Then 4x works just fine, and all disks will record at 4x.

1.16.1 boots to a shell, with many useful commands not implimented, and did not cooperate with my efforts to find and start Thing. So far I do not have a way to record a CD using 1.16.1.

1.16.1 does seem to be a bit faster.

 --
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |