Re: [MiNT] Compiling with gcc: ld eats all ram

If anyone with a lot of C experience wants to tackle porting a compiler,
the TCC compiler uses very little memory and compiles about 12 times
faster than GCC.

wow, this sounds really interesting.

TCC is much easier to port than GCC, but of course, there is a lot of
Atari specific stuff you'd have to mess with.

for example? C compiler should be machine independent, shouldn't be? (I don't mean final output binary ofcourse). Or it was meaned it's x86 only compiler? I think this would be something we really need on atari, especially on unexpanded ones.

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060          http://mikro.atari.org