[MiNT] MiNT 1.16.1, not my machine

For reasons possibly related to memory strip contacts getting old and losing contact, I moved my hard drive to a spare TT, and continued, but with a little less memory.

Just tried 1.16.1 again, and confirmed that I could format a disk using Discus.

Then I checked my e-mail, using toswin, pppd, and telnet to my shell host, and did that, sent two messages, and replied to two, and then the screen stuck. I know that is not a good description of a failure mode, but mouse clicking in normal places accomplished nothing, and I could not continue using my telnet over ppp connection, which seemed to be still there. The three finger salute rebooted the machine, so that part was still working.

Since I do e-mail that way, I cannot confirm how many words get sent before something quits, but something quit.

On this sample of two, it is not the nature of TT030 computers involved. It may be related to the new feature of alerting one to the opening of some global socket ( did not write this down) at the time ppp link negotiation succeeds. Since that is new, the chances that a new problem has been introduced exists.

Jim

 --
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |