Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

Selon Evan Langlois <Evan@CoolRunningConcepts.com>:

> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 20:59 +0100, Arnaud BERCEGEAY wrote:
>
> > With "old" AES, there are two messages :
> >
> > - WM_MOVED when the window is moved. Only x/y coordinates may change.
> > - WM_SIZED when the window is resized by the "sizer" widget which has
> > always been on the bottom/right corner of the window. With WM_SIZED
> > message, only w/h data may change (never x/y).
>
> Uhmm ... which documentation says that only the XY will change on
> WM_MOVED and that a WM_SIZED message will never change XY?

You are true, but unfortunatly some software doesn't like or simply not do it.
But for your question, it was write on PureC doc!

This look stupid, and in fact I agree it's stupid, but this is the life. Do an
AES compatible with application is sometime not easy to do or enhanced it. Don't
think only some softwares have trouble, because if we think this and if it's
true, there is so many case of misworking software, that if we not do some
effort in AES side probably 80% of softwares couldn't work correctly (ex
Papyrus, Calamus...)

Olivier