Re: [MiNT] change of max. allowed path

> How about giving us a simple program in C that creates deep path (or
> long filename, or what's the problem) and then tries to delete it.
> Should be only a few lines. Test it and then make it available both as
> source and binary so that others can test under the same conditions and
> perhaps experience the problem you describe.

this is a quite nice idea, so here you are:

1. creating very long name: see attached src1.zip; I've got bus error
(memory violation - free) in fopen()

2. creating very long dirname: I  haven't time to implement it (I coded the
example above this morning :) but it's very simple/similar - use mkdir or
Teradesk, it's important to make >255 characters long directory. And then
you can try anything, you wont be able to delete it. So I don't recommend
you to create it on partition dedicated to daily use :)

3. I wasn't able to reproduce that stat() bus error so I have to look at it
closer this evening.

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org