Re: [MiNT] Null modem connection, slip or ppp

Patrice Mandin napisał(a):
Hello,

I am trying to setup a nullmodem connection with my linux box. It was
working before with mint 1.15.12 (and hsmodem serial port drivers).

Now I use current freemint cvs kernel (without hsmodem), but I can't
setup any connection on the mint side.

When I try with slip (on falcon, /dev/ttyS1 is the modem2 serial port?):
slattach -t /dev/ttyS1 -p slip -s 19200 -r <remoteip> -l <localip> &
I got error 'cannot link to an interface: cannot allocate memory'

With ppp:
pppd -detach crtscts lock noauth <localip>:<remoteip> /dev/ttyS1 19200 &
I got error: 'LCP: timeout sending config-requests'
'connection terminated'

On the linux box, I used setserial to setup the ports, so it should be
ok. I know most people use ethernet or an emulator, so any help is
welcomed, to make it work again.

1. Burn hsmodem, use FreeMiNT drivers instead. I had problems with 1.16
slip.xdd (data transfer stalled after few kb) so I used 1.15.12 slip.xdd

2. Turn off compression, it will only slow thing down (even on 060).

3. Falcon rs232 chip does not have buffering. I found 115200 speed to be
very unreliable on std Falcon and not reliable even with CT060. 57600 is
much more reliable and useable speed (in fact in mater of succesfully
transferred packets, even faster).

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski