Re: [MiNT] Anything happening

on 8/31/06 1:50 PM, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Which engine you're using?

Do you remember the old speak.tos or stspeech.tos dating back to 1986? Yes
it's 20 years old.  Someone has reverse engineered this old app and fixed
the bugs which prevented it from running on the 040 and 060.  Yes the
copyright is questionable. I'm in the process of tracking the author down.

> Here's an LWN article on GPL eSpeak engine
> that Ubuntu people are considering using in Ubuntu Linux:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/190364/

I will have a look at this, thanks for the link.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/