[MiNT] binutils 2.18 and GCC 4.2.1

Hello.

I have ported the MiNT patches to the latest versions of the GNU tools: binutils 2.18 and GCC 4.2.1
They are available here:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/

The provided binaries run on Cygwin (Windows) and are able to produce programs to be run on MiNT. Because the patches are platform-independent, they should compile without any problem on other platforms, such as Linux.

I have also compiled native binaries of the binutils 2.18 for MiNT, they seem to work fine (even on plain old TOS).

I currently use the MiNTLib 0.57.3, because it was the latest official version available when I started my work. I had to patch it quite a lot to get it compile with recent versions of GCC. I recently discovered that the MiNTLib was still in development, and available in a CVS repository. I would be happy to help improving the official version, in order to get it compilable without additional patching with the latest GCC (unfortunately, I have very few time right now).

About the math library: I use PML 2.03, because it was the only one I found. I've recently heard about fdlibm. Is there an official companion libm for the MiNTLib ?

By searching on the web, I found some pieces of tools, made by isolated people. It would be nice to work all together to provide an "official" GNU development kit for the MiNT platform.

I hope my work will help.

--
Vincent Rivière
vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr