Re: [MiNT] GLib

Hi Mark,
On 19 Nov 2007 at 15:41, Mark Duckworth wrote:

> I could probably build a recent version of RPM now that neon works.
> There's some encryption library that needs built too.  beecrypt I
> think.  We're fairly limited by our lack of mmap but at the same time we
> can replace all those calls with malloc() calls suitably (since half of
> us have a ton of ram anyway)
>
> I was working on the dev-sparemint website but I have nowhere to host it
> now.  The server that I have exposed to the internet is slow and limited
> in disk space.  My home connection though brutally fast where the dev
> sparemint server is is on a dynamic IP so fairly useless.  I have so far
> been unable to pitch the extra $50 to the lady for the static IP on my
> FTTH connection (verizon FIOS).

You couldn't use dynamic DNS?

> I've been very busy with work but I'm getting a bit fed up with my
> falcon being tied down building debian 68K packages and thinking about
> pulling it back from them.
>
> My guess is supervidel isn't happening.  CTPCI seems dead.

Pretty inactive, but not dead.  Rodolphe posted a note on the French Atari
Usenet newsgroup on 27/October saying he had been too busy at work (&
commuting) to do anything on the CTPCI but he expected that would change
shortly, and that he'd bought a better design package that he expected would
speed up routing a lot.  He also said that the firmware for the CPLD was
written (but yet to be debugged of course).  If anyone is interested (& has
enough French), the info is on fr.comp.sys.atari.

> Didier seems
> gone, hasn't updated Coldfire package in almost 2 years which is unheard
> of for him.

Don't think Didier is gone, just short of stuff to work on.  At least, he was
volunteering to work on MagiC if ASH would release the source (they won't ATM
at least partly because they are still selling MagiC PC or Mac or something).

> Community is dead and we need something to revive it.  I
> know I've just been busy with work, and have been coding in a nice OO
> language like C# and don't even want to go near the pain that is
> programming for GEM.
>
> The issues I ran into with the automatic builds which were working was
> mostly to do with Aranym not working properly.  I could get started on
> that again, but again I really need a server with a fat pipe and a ton
> of disk space for that.  At least 20 gigs I'd say and at least 1mbit
> upstream.  All that code is still around and it was nearly a finished
> product.  I got it finished and I really didn't feel like anyone was
> interested in using it, especially people that could make it happen like
> Frank Naumann or Draco or something like that.  Maybe they weren't
> convinced it was release quality at all.

Can't do much about the pipe, but 2OGB of disk space doesn't sound that much,
if that's all you need I'll mail you a drive :-).

Roger