Re: [MiNT] Wireless Network

Well the good news is that the previous owner of my house says that
the adsl service is good for 8Mb/s but I now have to wait a week to
be connected.

Now the question is, how good is the mains network. ;o)

Do the devices need software configuration ? I have an ancient laptop
that should do the job.

Yes, you need to configure a key because the mains traffic is encoded (there's a good chance some of it leaks past your transformer and into the rest of the street). :o)

In Devolo's case there is a configuration tool for Windows and Mac IIRC. (The stuff I have is from the 14 mbit era, so I'm not sure whether anything changed in their newer stuff).

Maurits.