Re: [MiNT] XaAES maintainer?

Hi Odd,
On 6 Mar 2008 at 8:41, Odd Skancke wrote:

> >> Hi everyone!
> >> With Ozk's departure from the Atari scene, is there a replacement
> >> official (or
> >> semi-official) maintainer for XaAES?  [I have an ulterior motive of
> >> course -
> >> suggested changes :-)].
> >>
> >> Roger Burrows
>
>   Roger, I see no problems with you taking over the project, but I do
> want to follow and discuss your various ideas... XaAES and kernel
> development is something I want to have a 'say' in :) One thing I can
> say right now is that I do not want XaAES or the kernel sources to be
> compilable using anything but GCC. There are too many pitfalls and the
> sources tend to get cluttererd up by ifdefs, making in harder than it
> must be to read. So, if it is OK with you to keep this a GCC only
> project, go ahead! :)
>
>   Roger, Btw, just to refresh, my memory, what was these suggested changes?

I did not intend to volunteer to take over the project, as I doubt I'm really
experienced enough with GEM to do so.  Also, more importantly, I do not have
*any* experience with GCC, so I think I'm clearly not the right guy, at least
at the moment.

My intention was only to find out who to submit bug reports and/or suggestions
to, or (if preferred) suggested source code updates to fix bugs and/or
implement new features.  The feature I would currently like to be fixed is the
automatic shortcut generated in form_alert()s.  Usually the first character of
the text in each button is underlined.  IMHO, this isn't useful when the button
text begins with spaces, a common way of widening the displayed button.  I
think that the first *non-space* character should be used/underlined for the
shortcut.

Sorry for any confusion,
Roger Burrows
P.S. Like other members of the MiNT list, I'm very glad to hear that you're not
departing entirely from the Atari world.  But even if you were, you've already
done more for the average user than most of us, so thanks again!