Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.3.0 available

Bernd Mueller wrote:
I've noticed it and i got through but now i'm stuck at the gemlib.

The only tricky part when building the whole toolchain is that there are interdependencies between the packages GCC, MiNTLib, and PML :
GCC requires MintLib and PML
MiNTLib requires GCC
PML requires GCC

The trick is that GCC can be separated into 2 parts: the compiler and the libraries.

So the whole process is :
binutils: make and install
GCC: make all-gcc (to build only the compiler, not the libraries)
MiNTlib: make and install (using the not-installed GCC)
PML: make and install (using the not-installed GCC)
GCC: make and install (using the installed MiNTLib and PML)
GemLib: make and install (using the installed GCC)

When compiling GemLib, GCC is installed at the right place, so it should find any include and library without problem, without special hack. It was the case for me.

--
Vincent Rivière