Re: [MiNT] XaAES maintainer?

Ozk, would you mind if I called you one day regarding this? This might
affect some stuff I'm working on myself. It's a long-term project and can
benefit greatly from some enhancements in the AES - I'd like to discuss this
with you before I proceed.

> of this is not finished, but I do intend to continue some day. For the
> past months I've been too busy on my spare time to work on this but
> hopefully I will be able to continue during this year.

It is extremely encouraging to hear that you've not left the scene
completely :-) Both you and Frank means a lot to the FreeMiNT community, and
finding someone to continue your high quality work on XaAES and the kernel
would be next to impossible.

> development is something I want to have a 'say' in :) One thing I can
> say right now is that I do not want XaAES or the kernel sources to be
> compilable using anything but GCC. There are too many pitfalls and the

Sticking to one compiler and one set of libraries is a good idea. I'm not
particularly fond of gcc - even on my Milan060 it's painfully slow and I
really don't like working with it. But I'm not working on XaAES so I really
don't mind :-)

Jo Even