Re: [MiNT] binutils 2.18 cross-rpm

On Thursday 17 April 2008, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> Note, Jean-François: you reported that with the last MiKRO packages:
>  > - the -s option given to GCC does not seem to result in
>  > stripping the binaries.
>
> Do you experience the same thing with your current setup ?
> Actually GCC 2.95 + binutils 2.18

No, everything is fine. The problem seems to be with GCC itself, not the
binutils.

Incidentally, executing the "strip" command on the executable compiled
with the -s option gets rid of some additional kbytes of data. I don't
know if that's significant, though. And I seem to remember it was the
same before -- I mean before GCC 4 and the updated binutils.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire