Re: [MiNT] binutils 2.18 cross-rpm

J. F. Lemaire wrote:
Even if it is not clean, I prefer to share that little work.

And indeed your are right. Thanks for this. I've installed the RPM and everything seems to be fine, admittedly after just a few simple compiles.

Well, I'm glad to see that !

Note that one of the best benefits of the RPM packages is that they can be cleanly uninstalled.

Binutils 2.18 can be uninstalled using the following command :
rpm -e binutils --nodeps

Then the latest official binutils can be downloaded
http://www.atariforge.net/sparemint/RPMS/m68kmint/binutils-2.13.2.1-2.m68kmint.rpm
and installed again:
rpm -i binutils-2.13.2.1-2.m68kmint.rpm

So testing a RPM package, even not clean, is harmless !

Note, Jean-François: you reported that with the last MiKRO packages:
> - the -s option given to GCC does not seem to result in
> stripping the binaries.

Do you experience the same thing with your current setup ?
Actually GCC 2.95 + binutils 2.18

--
Vincent Rivière