Re: [MiNT] binutils 2.18 patch

Alan Hourihane wrote:
If so, the obvious way to fix the problem would be to not use the --enable-shared option when building the binutils...
I'm probably still missing something...

No, you are not missing anything. But the patch is small and allows the
passing of --enable-shared. It follows other architectures and I don't
see any reason why it shouldn't be used.

I just would like to keep the patch as small/simple as possible...

When people want to compile the binutils (or GCC), they know that shared libraries are not supported, so they don't put --enable-shared on the configure command line, and everything is good.

Did you face any real-wold problem without this patch ?

I would like to know what other peoople think about that.

--
Vincent Rivière