Re: [MiNT] freemint & xaaes release

Hello!

I recently compiled CVS but couldn't figure out how to install. "make install" seems to have resulted in only installing
Toswin2. I couldn't find any info on where to find the kernel and such.

I'm probably missing something obvious.

No, the install target is not implemented inside the Makefiles. This is even not so easy to realize, everyone have different setups and to automatically modify C:\ is very critical (and lot of people dislike this I think). I tried to improve this with different directories so you can install several FreeMiNT versions in parallel and keep every setup private (also good for testing).

If you want to use current CVS:

- create a folder c:\mint\1-17-curr
- copy the required xfs & xdd from freemint/sys/xfs and freemint/sys/xdd
  into this folder
- copy the mint.ini & mint.cnf into this folder
- copy the right freemint kernel from freemint/sys/.compile_{target}
  into your AUTO folder (target is either 000, 030, 040, 060, mil, ara for
  the 68000, 68030, 68040, 68060, milan or aranym kernel)

for XaAES:

- create a folder c:\mint\1-17-cur\xaaes
- copy moose.adi, the xaaes/src.km/*.rsc, xaloader.prg and
  the widgets folder into it
- copy the xaaes.cnf into this folder
- copy the right xaaes*.km into this folder and rename it to
  xaaes.km
  (for example xaaes060.km is the XaAES version for the 68060)
  (xaaes.km is loaded as default by the xaloader; you can also
   specify to xaloader what module to load, for example in mint.cnf:
   INIT=u:\c\mint\1-17-cur\xaloader.prg xaaes060.km)

That's all I think.

Regards,
Frank

--