Re: [MiNT] Virtual Consoles (found it :-)

Hello Peter,

> Hi ppl,

> After lots of digging I found the vcons sources in a pretty obvious
> place (umich).

> I've only browsed them briefly, but before I spend too much time with
> it I would like to know in what way it is considered a dirty hack
> (apart from the obvous - messing with video hardware etc.).

> Anyone?

I think that Anders Eriksson made a special driver in assembly in order to
accelerate the text display, and the dirty hack part was that it worked on a
custom resolution. At least that's what I remember right now...

--
Best regards,
 George                            mailto:ggn@hol.gr