[MiNT] pfork(), pvfork(), pexec-hack...

Hi,

I'm fooling around with a project where I use ptyfork() to fork new terminal sessions. To my knowledge, ptyfork() uses fork(), which in turn use pfork().

I'm under the impression that if when I fork a process this way, the "time slot" for the process will be distributed between the forks associated with the process (ok, I don't know how to phrase that but hopefully you get what I mean).

Questions.

1. Is this statement correct?

2. Doesn't that mean that it if I have several applications running, it would be faster to launch additional instances of my process rather than forking it?

3. The Atari compendium mentions a way of emulating a concurrent version of the pvfork() call using Pexec. How?

I'm sorry if all this is obvious, but I'm new to this part of the OS and I don't fully understand how it's supposed to work.

best regards

-- Peter