Re: [MiNT] Run from desktop or shell?

Hello!

wouldn't a better take on this be to have the Toswin console open
together with xconout2.xdd so it catches stdout from gem programs
stdout into the console window? No need for special code then.

You're absolutely right. However, I don't seem able to find any
documentation on this. All I've found so far is a readme for xconout2,
which doesn't help much.

You don't need todo anything special. The xconout2.xdd catch all console output and redirect it into the Toswin2 console window.

You just need to place xconout2.xdd into the FreeMiNT module folder and Toswin2 must be running. That's all.

Btw. for debug output I suggest to use a command line switch or something similiar (default -> no debug output for example).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060