Re: [MiNT] Supexec taking one VBL?

> Well, for that you'd need to increase the frequency of task switching -
> similarly to Linux where they moved from 100 Hz to 1000 Hz (and then
> back to 250 Hz, AFAIK). Note that the higher the frequency the worse
> penalty (the context switch overhead is far from zero).
Yes, exactly. And remember we can't "override" the timer frequency
because kernel's tick is from the same source :) (TimerC, or not?)

This could be real problem, this frequent context switch, because we
want to run the demo/game in multitasking, yes, but not for the prize
of 30% performance decrease (due to too frequent switching). Maybe we
could introduce some kind of application flag (in program header --
"run as topmost/fullscreen/AES-less application" or something like
that and it would mean the background processes will run in really low
frequency and kernel will just switch between these user interrupt
handlers (in any desired frequency).

> Frank will stop this as soon as he gets a chance to reply, I am
> sure :-))
Frank declared the wish of cleanly written software and your idea is
the best proposal so far.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org